+44 20 3384 3075
First Class Immigration Service.

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

Fiancee/Prospective Marriage Visa

The Fiancee/Prospective Marriage Visa visa application process can be a minefield for anyone not completely up to date with the current immigration legislation. At Migra & Co, it’s our business to know and be fully aware of constantly changing legal requirements in order to secure the approval of our clients’ Fiancee/Prospective Marriage Visa visa.
+44 20 3384 3075


This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

The main purpose of applying for this visa is to allow you to come to Australia and then marry your intended spouse and live as husband and wife. You must genuinely intend to marry your fiancé. You must also genuinely intend to live with your fiancé as husband and wife. An eligible sponsor is someone who undertakes sponsorship obligations, and is an Australian citizen/permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

In order to meet the specific visa requirements of this category, you must be over the age of 18, have met in person, be free to marry and be of the opposite sex to your intended spouse. Same-sex couples are not eligible for this visa and will  need to apply under the partner visa options.

The sponsor must sign a sponsorship undertaking confirming that he/she will be responsible for all financial obligations to the Australian Government and will be able to support and accommodate his/her partner without any recourse to public funds. When they are dependant children, the sponsor will be required to submit an AFP National Police Check and/or foreign police certificate/s.

Applicants must also satisfy specific heath checks and meet the criminal and penal clearance requirements. Please note that you will need to marry within the validity of this visa which is for nine months after it has been granted. The marriage can take place either in or outside Australia provided you have entered Australia on this visa at least once before the marriage takes place.

As the partner or fiancé of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you do not have an automatic right of permanent residence in Australia. If you want to reside permanently in Australia you must first apply for a permanent visa and be assessed against the legal criteria for the grant of that visa.

Our team of immigration specialists will assess your individual circumstances, placing your needs and expectations at the centre of our service. Following completion of a detailed assessment, we will provide you with written advice on your eligibility as well as guidance on the necessary documentation based on the most up to date legal requirements.

Speak to one of our Fiancee/Prospective Marriage Visa visa consultants now to discuss your tailor made visa solution. Call us on +44 20 3384 3075.
Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.