+44 20 3384 3075
First Class Immigration Service.

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

Partner visa for married or defacto applicant

The Spouse/Unmarried Partner visa application process can be a minefield for anyone not completely up to date with the current immigration legislation. At Migra & Co, it’s our business to know and be fully aware of constantly changing legal requirements in order to secure the approval of our clients’ Spouse/Unmarried Partner visa.
+44 20 3384 3075


This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

This visa allows you to enter or remain in Australia on the basis of your marriage or de facto relationship with your partner:

  • on a temporary visa (usually granted  for a period of two years from the date you applied for the visa)
  • on a permanent visa if, after the waiting period (if applicable), your partner relationship still exists and you are still eligible for this visa.

Your partner must be either an Australian citizen/permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen willing to meet the sponsorship’s criteria. In order to make a successful application, it’ s important to submit adequate evidence to show that your relationship is genuine, you intend to settle with your partner, any previous relationships have permanently broken down and finally that you can support and accommodate yourself without recourse to public funds.

The marriage must be legal under Australian law. Same sex couple are eligible for this visa, however they will be considered under the defacto category. In the latter case, the applicants will need to show a cohabitation of 12 months immediatelyprior to submission. Applicants must also satisfy specific heath checks and meet the criminal and penal clearance requirements.

As the partner or fiancé of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you do not have an automatic right of permanent residence in Australia. If you want to reside permanently in Australia you must first apply for a permanent visa and be assessed against the legal criteria for the grant of that visa.

Our team of immigration specialists will assess your individual circumstances, placing your needs and expectations at the centre of our service. Following completion of a detailed assessment, we will provide you with written advice on your eligibility as well as guidance on the necessary documentation based on the most up to date legal requirements.

Speak to one of our Spouse/Unmarried Partner visa consultants now to discuss your tailor made visa solution. Call us on +44 20 3384 3075.
Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.