+44 20 3384 3075
Legal updates, always a step ahead.

Subscribe to our newsSubscribe to our news

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)


  • UKVI fees - significant changes
    20 February 2015
    The Home Office has just announced the indicative charges of the UKVI fees for the year 2015/16, which will increase the fees for most visa categories.
  • Who can apply for Registered Traveller Service?
    12 February 2015
    In February 2015 the Home office announced new service, which allows Australian, Canadian, Japanese, New Zealand and USA nationals, who regularly use Heathrow and Gatwick airports or the Eurostar terminals at Paris, Lille or Brussels to enter the UK using the UK/EU lines or ePassport gates without prior completion of the landing card.
  • How to retain the right of residence in the UK under the 2006 EEA Regulations?
    12 February 2015
    In order to reside in the UK under the Immigration European Economic Area Regulations 2006 (the “Regulations”), an applicant needs to evidence the relationship with an EEA family member, who is also exercising Treaty Rights in the UK. Once the application is approved, the applicant will be granted a Residence Card for a 5 years period. Please note that “family members” of an EEA national working in the UK are defined as spouse/civil partner, children under 21 or dependants, such as stepchildren, adopted children, parents, grandparents or extended family members.
  • What to do if your skills are not at NQF Level 6?
    04 February 2015
    The Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers are an integral part of the immigration system relating to migrant workers. The document was introduced for the UK based companies, who wish to sponsor a migrant under the Point-Based System, in particular Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) and Tier 5 Scheme, post-study workers switching to Tier 1 (entrepreneur) categories. Under the SOC Codes jobs are classified in terms of their skill level and skill content, as well as the minimum appropriate rates of pay for each occupation.
  • Biometric Residence Card for overseas migrants
    03 February 2015
    On 2 February 2015, the Home Office announced new regulations, which will come into force in March 2015 and will require non-EEA nationals, seeking permission from overseas to enter the UK for more than six month, to apply for a Biometric Residence Card (BRP).
  • Closure of Tier 1 (General) Scheme
    02 February 2015
    If the applicant for any reason is not able to satisfy the Immigration Requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK before 6 April 2015, we would strongly advise him/her to apply for an extension before this option is closed.
  • Evidential flexibility under the Point-Based System
    30 January 2015
    In late 2014, a new UKVI policy guidance was introduced to clarify when and how a caseworker might exercise “evidential flexibility” when considering an application under the Point – Based System of the Immigration Rules.
  • Victims of domestic violence do not need to suffer in immigration limbo
    21 January 2015
    A foreign migrant, who has been previously granted leave to enter or remain in the UK as the spouse/civil partner/same-sex partner/ unmarried partner of a British citizen or a person settled in the UK, may be granted settlement as the victim of domestic violence under the Immigration Rules if adequate evidence is provided.
  • Immigration right to rent checks
    18 December 2014
    In line with recent changes to the Immigration Rules, from 1 December 2014, landlords, homeowners and letting agents are also required to carry out the necessary right to rent checks to ensure that tenants, who are migrants, have the right to remain in the UK. This also includes landlords, who take in lodgers or sub-let property.
  • New obligation for sponsors
    17 December 2014
    Recently we have received a number of phone calls from sponsors or migrants under the Tier 2 General Scheme in connection with the Home Office’s unexpected visits to verify the information provided in the sponsorship licence application and to check whether the companies are meeting their duties.

<< <  Page 10 of 45  > >>

Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.