+44 20 3384 3075
Legal updates, always a step ahead.

Subscribe to our newsSubscribe to our news

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)


  • Switching from Tier 1 General route
    13 April 2015
    According to the recent changes to the Immigration Rules, as of 6 April 2015 Tier 1 General Migrants can no longer extend their current leave under this Scheme. In addition applicants, who wish to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK, must submit an application on or before 5 April 2018.
  • Biometric enrolment – new requirements
    01 April 2015
    On 6 April 2015 the Home Office will introduce biometric enrolment for non-EEA nationals applying for a residence card, derivative residence card or permanent residence card and applicants registering or naturalising as a British Citizen.
  • New requirement of paying NHS surcharge
    26 March 2015
    On 19 March 2015 the Home Office announced a new requirement, which will apply to migrants, who are coming to work, study or join family members and also to those, who wishing to extend their existing limited leave to remain in the UK, in order to make sure that the migrants make a proper financial contribution to the cost of their NHS care.
  • Annual allocation of the COS certificates
    03 March 2015
    When applying for a sponsorship licence, a potential sponsor should estimate the number of CoS certificates, which might be assigned in the first year. A sponsor can only request “unrestricted” CoS for migrants, who already working under the Tier 2 General category or Work Permit and will need to extend their stay in the UK, or for the migrants with an annual salary of at least £153,500 or who are allowed to switch in the UK.
  • Important changes to the Immigration Rules
    02 March 2015
    On 26 February 2015, the Home Office published a new Statement of Changes, which might have a significant impact on the current Immigration Rules as explained in the paragraphs below.
  • UKVI fees - significant changes
    20 February 2015
    The Home Office has just announced the indicative charges of the UKVI fees for the year 2015/16, which will increase the fees for most visa categories.
  • Who can apply for Registered Traveller Service?
    12 February 2015
    In February 2015 the Home office announced new service, which allows Australian, Canadian, Japanese, New Zealand and USA nationals, who regularly use Heathrow and Gatwick airports or the Eurostar terminals at Paris, Lille or Brussels to enter the UK using the UK/EU lines or ePassport gates without prior completion of the landing card.
  • How to retain the right of residence in the UK under the 2006 EEA Regulations?
    12 February 2015
    In order to reside in the UK under the Immigration European Economic Area Regulations 2006 (the “Regulations”), an applicant needs to evidence the relationship with an EEA family member, who is also exercising Treaty Rights in the UK. Once the application is approved, the applicant will be granted a Residence Card for a 5 years period. Please note that “family members” of an EEA national working in the UK are defined as spouse/civil partner, children under 21 or dependants, such as stepchildren, adopted children, parents, grandparents or extended family members.
  • What to do if your skills are not at NQF Level 6?
    04 February 2015
    The Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers are an integral part of the immigration system relating to migrant workers. The document was introduced for the UK based companies, who wish to sponsor a migrant under the Point-Based System, in particular Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) and Tier 5 Scheme, post-study workers switching to Tier 1 (entrepreneur) categories. Under the SOC Codes jobs are classified in terms of their skill level and skill content, as well as the minimum appropriate rates of pay for each occupation.
  • Biometric Residence Card for overseas migrants
    03 February 2015
    On 2 February 2015, the Home Office announced new regulations, which will come into force in March 2015 and will require non-EEA nationals, seeking permission from overseas to enter the UK for more than six month, to apply for a Biometric Residence Card (BRP).

<< <  Page 9 of 44  > >>

Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.