+44 20 3384 3075
Legal updates, always a step ahead.

Subscribe to our newsSubscribe to our news

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

Tier 4 General Students: choose the right academic institution

30 October 2009

Although in a recent announcement the UK Border Agency has extended the transitional arrangement in connection with the length of time which a student must show funds for, it has also made it harder to change course and academic institution. The Home Office has decided that if the General student  applies from within the United Kingdom, they will only need to show proof that they have the money needed, on the day of the application until February 2010.

However, previously a student did not breach his or her conditions of leave to enter if he or she changed courses after entering the UK as a student. This has now been changed. As a result, from 5 October 2009, they will not be able to change academic institution without making a new application for leave to remain and paying the required fee. The application can be submitted by post or on the same day service.


Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.