+44 20 3384 3075
Legal updates, always a step ahead.

Subscribe to our newsSubscribe to our news

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

Victims of domestic violence do not need to suffer in immigration limbo

21 January 2015

A foreign migrant, who has been previously granted leave to enter or remain in the UK as the spouse/civil partner/same-sex partner/ unmarried partner of a British citizen or a person settled in the UK, may be granted settlement as the victim of domestic violence under the Immigration Rules if adequate evidence is provided.
In order for the application to be successful, the applicant must evidence that the relationship was subsisting, when the initial leave to enter or remain was issued and provide original documents from independent sources, such as a hospital doctor, GP or the police confirming the facts of the case.
Please also note that the applicant can be exempt from paying the UKVI fees if  destitute. The application bundle,  including a current SET (DV) application form, can only be submitted by post since the same day service will not be available for this type of  immigration category.


Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.