+44 20 3384 3075
Legal updates, always a step ahead.

Subscribe to our newsSubscribe to our news

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

How to Transfer Your Visa to a New Passport?

02 June 2015

As a migrant, you may need to transfer your current leave to enter and remain in the UK onto a new passport for example, if your passport has expired whilst overseas, or if it is lost or stolen, or if it has been retained by the authorities in your home country.
Please note that if your passport were to expire during the validity of your current endorsement, you might either present the vignette in the expired passport with the new passport and in this case no transfer is required, or you can request to transfer your visa to the new passport.
If your passport and visa are lost or stolen, then you must apply for a replacement visa in which case the full fees  will need to be paid. In addition, you must provide sufficient evidence to show that the passport is no longer in your possession, such as reporting the loss to the local police.
Please note that if you have been issued with a 30 days vignette (for instance to enter the UK as a spouse from overseas), but you failed to enter during the validity period, then you will need to apply for a replacement via a Transfer of Condition.
Please feel free to contact us at info@migraco.com if you are uncertain about the next steps in replacing a biometric card or a vignette.


Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.