+44 20 3384 3075
Legal updates, always a step ahead.

Subscribe to our newsSubscribe to our news

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

Police Registration- What is it and how can you register?

23 June 2016

You might need to register with police, if you come to the UK for more than 6 month, extend your current leave or switch to a different visa category. The purpose of this process is to allow the UK Government to record your details such as full name, gender, marital status, address, what you can and can’t do with your visa, including how long you can stay and ect.


You can find information about whether it is necessary to register with police on your visa vignette or biometric card or Home Office approval letter. Migrants from China, Russia, Turkey, Iraq, UAE and so on must go to police registration within 7 days of arriving in the UK or getting the biometric card. However, those who have permission to live permanently in the UK, EEA family members, partner of a UK settled person do not need to have a police registration.


You can find and contact your local police station at https://www.police.uk/#search. Please note that if migrants do not register with the police, it might negatively affect their current visa or future application. The current fee for police registration is £34 and you will need to bring 2 passport photos (recently taken), your passport with your entry visa vignette, your BRP (if you have one), and the Home Office approval letter. Migrants will also need to report their change of circumstances to the police.


If you are currently concerned about whether you need to register with the police or how to register, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@migraco.com



Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.