+44 20 3384 3075
Legal updates, always a step ahead.

Subscribe to our newsSubscribe to our news

Why Choose Migra & Co?

  • Leading Immigration Firm
  • Very High Success Rate
  • Tailor Made Solutions
  • In-house Legal Experts

Do You Qualify?

This is a captcha-picture. It is used to prevent mass-access by robots. (see: www.captcha.net)

Tier 4 Student visa category: change of course/institution

25 March 2010

Migrants in the   visa category are able to switch to a different course or institution. The process they need to complete will be dependant on the submission date of their Tier 4 application.

Those who submitted the application for leave to enter or remain in the UK on or after 5 October 2009,  will have to make a new application for permission to stay under the category. The new application will need to be supported by a confirmation of acceptance for studies from the new sponsor.

Please be advised that migrants are not permitted to start the new course until their application is approved.

Applicants whose current leave to enter or stay in the UK is based on an application made before 5 October 2009, must obtain  permission from  the UKBA in order to switch.

As part of the process an applicant will be required to provide the following information:

  • new sponsor's name, address and contact details; and
  • details of new course, including the start and end date

Failure to seek the UKBA's permission before switching to a new institution will grant them the ability to curtail your current status.


Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.