30 Aug A brief guidance to Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) visa
If a migrant is a citizen of the countries listed under Appendix G of the Immigration Rules, he/she might be able to apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa.
In order to be granted an entry clearance, the applicant must score 50 points in total by meeting the nationality requirement (30 points) as well as the age (10 points) and maintenance requirements (10 points).
Migrants can claim 30 points if they are citizens of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong special administrative region, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, or if they are British overseas citizens, British overseas territories citizens or British nationals (overseas) as defined by the British Nationality Act 1981.
The applicant must between 18 to 31 years old on the date of application.
Migrants must provide evidence of funds to show that have held cash savings of at least £1,890 in their personal bank account.
The applicant must provide one of the following as evidence of maintenance:
- Personal bank or building society statements – this includes bank statements printed on the bank’s stationery;
- Building society or savings account pass book;
- Letter from the bank confirming funds;
- Letter confirming funds from a financial institution ;
- Mini-statements from cash points are not acceptable as evidence of maintenance.
The evidence must clearly show all of the following:
- The migrant’s name;
- The account number and type of account, for example current or savings;
- The date of the letter or statement;
- The financial institution’s name and logo;
- The funds of at least £1,890, not including any overdraft facilities, are held in the migrant account.
Please note that a personal bank statement must cover a single date within 31 days of the date of the application.
Contact Our Immigration Team
For expert advice regarding any aspect of the Tier 5 (YMS) visa application, please contact our immigration team on 0203 384 3075.