12 Mar Allocations of restricted CoS
Under paragraph 245H of the Immigration Rules, the Tier 2 scheme allows UK employers to recruit employees from outside the EEA in order to fill a particular vacancy that cannot be filled by a British, settled or EEA worker.
The applicant must be allocated a restricted certificates of sponsorship (CoS) under Tier 2 category if he/she would like to apply from outside the UK.
It is important that there are a limited number of restricted certificates of sponsorship (CoS) available to Tier 2 (General) A-rated sponsors each month. The annual limit is 20,700 and they are divided into 12 monthly allocations. The UKVI has published the monthly allocations of restricted certificates of sponsorship through Tier 2 (General) for February 2019 as below:
- Number of certificates of sponsorship from annual limit set aside for allocation meeting in February – 1500
- Balance of certificates of sponsorship carried over from previous month – 817
- Number of certificates returned during previous month – 0
- Number of certificates reclaimed as not used within 3 months – 200
- Number of certificates granted by exceptional consideration outside of monthly allocation during previous month – 16
- Total number of certificates of sponsorship available for allocation in February – 2501
- Minimum point score for successful applications in February – 21
- Total number of certificates of sponsorship granted in February – 1580
- Tier 2 (General – new hires under £159,600) – 1575
- Tier 2 (General – Tier 4 dependant switching to Tier 2) – 5
- Balance of certificates of sponsorship carried over to March 2019 – 921
- Number of certificates of sponsorship available for allocation in March 2019 – 1921
Contact Our Immigration Team
For expert advice regarding any aspect of the Tier 2 (General) visa, please contact our immigration team on 0203 384 3075 or complete our enquiry form below.