Can a Tier 4 student switch in the UK?

Tier 4 students and Tier 1 Post Study Workers are allowed to switch into the Tier 2 Scheme without the UK employer or their prospective sponsor needing to advertise the vacancy in order to meet the resident labour test.

However, only students who have completed a bachelor or higher qualification or 12 months PhD while on their current Tier 4 visa are entitled to make an application in the UK. This means that if the Tier 4 holder is pursuing a professional qualification, he or she will need to make an entry clearance application following the approval of a restricted Certificate of Sponsorship.

All jobs with a salary below £70K must be advertised in Jobcentre Plus as well as another internet medium. The advert will need to be live for 28 days. Please contact us if you have any concern about your ability to qualify under the Tier 2 Scheme.