Changes British nationality applications outside the UK

From 16 July 2012 if you are applying for British nationality from outside the UK you must send your application form to the UK Border Agency as you will no longer be able to submit your application for British nationality to the British High Commission or British Consulate in your country.

Residents in Hong Kong should continue to submit their application at their British High Commission or British Consulate.

All documents submitted in support of your application must, where possible, be originals. We strongly recommend that you send your documents via courier service to ensure we receive them safely.

If you cannot send your original passport, because the authorities of your country do not allow passports to cross national borders, you should send a complete copy of your passport that has been certified by a local notary or equivalent.

For specific advice on your national application, please do not hesitate to contact our London’s office.