29 Oct Changes to the application forms
The UK Border Agency has published new versions of the application forms for settlement applications submitted in the UK on or after 28 October 2013. The newly updated forms are for the applications submitted in the UK under the following schemes:
- SET(BUS) – applying as overseas business representative or retired person of independent means
- SET(DV) – applying as victims of domestic violence
- SET(F) – applying as children of British citizens or people settled in the UK
- SET(LR) – applying under the long residence category
- SET(M) – applying under the marriage category
- SET(O) – applying under other categories
In addition, the guidance notes for the SET(BUS), SET(LR), SET(M) and SET(O) have also been updated.
In line with paragraph 34(i) of the Immigration Rules, the UK Border Agency, will however continue to accept applications made on the previous version of these forms up to and including 18 November 2013.
If you are planning to submit a settlement application under any of the above listed categories and would like to receive expert legal advice and assistance on your application, please feel free to contact us.