12 May How to apply for a Service Supplier visa?
Migrants who are employees of an overseas company or are self-employed professionals based overseas, might be able to apply for a Service Supplier visa in order to provide services for a UK company under a contract that is covered by a valid international trade agreement.
Please note that the Service Supplier visa category does not lead to Settlement.
Requirements of the Service Supplier visa application
To qualify for a Service Supplier visa under the Global Business Mobility scheme, individuals will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are aged 18 or over;
- You are an employee of an overseas business, or a self-employed service provider based overseas;
- You are providing a service to a UK business under a contract that is covered by a valid international trade agreement;
- You are providing a service to a UK business that has been approved as a sponsor by the Home Office;
- You have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your UK sponsor;
- You are sponsored for a job which is on the list of eligible occupations, and the job is genuine;
- The job you are planning to do is skilled to at least RQF Level 6 or you have a bachelor’s degree or higher and 3 to 6 years professional experience (if self-employed);
- You have worked for your employer for at least 12 months outside the UK, or have at least 12 months’ professional experience if you’re a self-employed service provider;
- You have sufficient funds to maintain yourself in the UK without applying for any public funds;
- You will be able to meet the TB Test requirement, if applicable;
- Nationality requirement.
If the application is approved, the migrant will normally be granted leave for a period of 6 or 12 months (depending on the relevant international agreement) with the maximum time period permitted under this route amounting to 5 years as a Global Business Mobility migrant in any 6-years period.
In addition, individuals will be able to bring their dependant partner/children under the Service Supplier visa category.
Contact Our Immigration Team
For expert advice regarding any aspect of the UK visa application, please contact our immigration team on 0203 384 3075.