How to update your personal details to the HO?

Foreign nationals, who are residing the UK or whose visa application was made in the UK, are required to update their personal information by using the official website: latter allows migrants to update their home address, correspondence address, legal representative’s address, dependants’ details or inform the Home Office of a change in their legal representation.

Applicants will need to provide their full name, date of birth, nationality, old postcode, new address, passport/BRP/ARC number, and the name/date of birth/nationality of any dependants if they need to update their details.

Individuals will also need to provide evidence of their identity and proof of their address, for instance:

  • An identity document (ie passport, BRP, ARC, EEA identity card, travel document, photocard UK driving licence);
  • Recent documents showing your new address (ie utility bills, bank, credit card or mortgage statements, rental agreement, council tax bill or benefits statement). Please provide one document to evidence your address (dated within the last three months);
  • Solicitor’s letter of authority on headed paper, if you’re updating your legal representative’s details.

Please note that if a legal representative is submitting the form on someone’s behalf, the representative must also include a letter of authority.

Contact Our Immigration Team

For expert advice regarding any aspect of the UK visa application, please contact our immigration team on 0203 384 3075.

The content of this article is for general use and information only. Since each case should be prepared on its own merit and in light of the constant amendments to the Immigration Rules, it is important to note that the information provided must not be relied upon unless Migra & Co has either given written consent or has been officially engaged in relation to a specific immigration matter. As a result, Migra & Co will take no responsibility for any damage, cost or loss resulting from relying on the information contained in this article, blog and website.

We remain open for business and can arrange meetings by phone call or video conferencing to advise and assist with any UK immigration matters.
Click here for further information regarding COVID-19