16 Jul New Health and Care Visa
A new visa scheme named ‘Health and Care Visa’ will become available to applicants from 4 August 2020. The Health and Care is going to be a new visa category for qualified doctors, nurses and health professional who have been trained to a recognised standard and have good working English.
Migrants will not be required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), and amongst other benefits, their applications will be fast-tracked, reduced visa fees and dedicated support to come to the UK with their families.
The Health and Care Visa will apply to the following list of Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes:
- 2112 – Biological scientists and biochemists
- 2113 – Physical Scientists
- 2211 – Medical Practitioners
- 2212 – Psychologists
- 2213 – Pharmacists
- 2214 – Ophthalmic Opticians
- 2215 – Dental practitioners
- 2217 – Medical Radiographers
- 2218 – Podiatrists
- 2219 – Health Professionals not elsewhere classified
- 2221 – Physiotherapists
- 2222 – Occupational Therapists
- 2223 – Speech and Language Therapists
- 2229 – Therapy professionals not elsewhere classified
- 2231 – Nurses
- 2232 – Midwives
- 2442 – Social Workers
- 3213 – Paramedics
In addition, applicants will also need to meet all relevant criteria as a Tier 2 General migrant. For instance:
- Having a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS);
- Evidence of an appropriate salary, which meets the relevant salary threshold;
- Being able to provide evidence of knowledge of English language;
- Having sufficient personal savings when arriving in the UK;
- Valid tuberculosis test (TB test) results (if from a listed country);
- Providing a criminal record certificate from any country where a migrant has lived for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, if working with vulnerable people.
Contact Our Immigration Team
For expert advice regarding any aspect of the UK work visa application, please contact our immigration team on 0203 384 3075.