08 Feb SMS- reporting a change in circumstances
Organisations with a valid Sponsorship Licence, will be familiar with the Sponsorship Management System (SMS). This system is used to manage an organisation’s licence, create and assign Certificates of Sponsorships to prospective employees, and Certificates of Acceptance (CAS) to prospective students, depending on the applicant’s circumstances.
It can also be used to report a change of circumstance for employees, students or the organisation itself.
In order to make a request, you will need to follow the steps below:
1) Login to the SMS;
2) From the Licence Summary, applications and services screen, select ‘Request changes to licence details.’
3) You will then need to select ‘Request any other change to your licence details.’
4) You will be taken to the ‘Request change of circumstances’ screen, and will need to select the appropriate reason for change of circumstance from the drop-down list.
There will also be a 2000-character limit text box, in which you must provide full details of the request. You will then need to select next.
5) You will be directed to the declaration screen.
You will need to complete the relevant sections by confirming the date, your name and position in the organisation. Tick the declaration box and click submit.
6) The screen should confirm that the submission has been successful, you will then need to select the submission sheet.
7) Complete the submission sheet with an electronic signature, and send this together with all the supporting evidence to the stated email address: [email protected].
You will also need to include the completed Worker and Temporary Worker priority request form.
The priority service is open from 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. Requests made outside of these hours will not be considered.
8) If the request is successful you will receive an email from the priority service team confirming that the request has been accepted and further instructions on how to proceed.
9) You should also receive a second email with a Worldpay link to make payment in the amount of £200, this should be done within 72 hours. If not, the request will expire and you will need to re-apply.
Processing times- requests will be considered within 5 working days, this commences from the date the UKVI receives the submission sheet.
For assistance with Sponsorship Licence applications, please contact our dedicated team of immigration consultants on 0203 384 3075.