27 Sep The UKBA’s Super Premium Service
For highly skilled professionals and high-net-worth individuals, who are also migrants in the UK, it is perhaps not unusual that the application to extend their leave in the UK is left to the very last minute considering the busy life style these migrants have either professionally or personally. To address this issue, in the following sections we explain the UKBA’s Super Premium Service and how it can help migrants who are left with very limited time to extend their leave or apply for settlement in the UK.
Who can use the super premium service?
Migrants who meet the UKBA’s requirements for leave to remain or settlement (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’, ILR) can use the super premium service with the exceptions of the following:
- a person who has been given discretionary leave to remain or humanitarian protection;
- a person with a poor immigration history;
- applying for permanent residence on the basis of 10 or 14 years’ residence;
- a business person;
- an innovator;
- a sole representative;
- a seaman;
- a Gurkha;
- an elderly dependant;
- applying under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
How does it work?
- We will prepare your application bundle;
- A courier will collect your application forms and documentation;
- A UKBA’s officer will visit the site chosen by the applicant to enrol and obtain the biometric information and signature of the applicant;
- The decision of the application submitted using the super premium service will be made within 24 hours of enrolling the biometric information.
How long does it take to set up this service?
The UKBA requires an advance notice of at least 3 working days to request or amend any existing bookings.
Our team in Migra & Co are experienced in working around a tight schedule to meet the applicant’s submission deadline.
How much does it cost?
The UKBA charges a fee of £6,000, plus the ‘premium service’ fee for the application on top of the standard visa application fee. The super premium fee covers the service of up to 4 main applicants and a maximum of 10 people per visit.
For instance, if you were a family of 3 members with the mother as the main applicant of Tier 1 Investor and the child and father are the dependants of Tier 1 Investor, the cost of your family to submit the visa extension applications under the super premium service is £9,752, breaking down as the follows:
- Super premium fee £6,000
- Premium fee £375 per applicant x 3 applicants
- Standard application fees:
Main applicant £1051
Dependant £788 per dependant x 2 dependants
If you are interested in finding out more about the super premium service or have any questions regarding the extension or settlement applications under your current leave, please do not hesitate to contact one of our Immigration consultancies via phone +44 20 3384 3075 or email email@example.com.