What evidence is required to sponsor your non-EEA partner if self-employed?

You might be able to qualify for a spouse or partner visa to enter the UK if you meet the relevant criteria such as financial requirement, genuine relationship, English test, adequate accommodation etc. In order to satisfy the financial requirement, applicants would need to show evidence of the sponsor’s status of either being employed, or self-employed, or have sufficient cash savings to ensure that there will be recourse to public funds.

If the applicant were to rely on the sponsor’s self-employment to qualify, more complex documents are required to confirm the sponsor’s income for the last full financial year is more than £18,600. The British partner needs to submit documentation such as Company Tax Return, evidence of company registration with Companies House, company’s accounts, business account bank statements, personal bank  statements, dividend vouchers, payslips and P60 etc. Please note that if there were to be any discrepancies, this should be addressed and explained.

If you are currently concerned about applying for a visa as a partner to join your settled sponsor in the UK, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]

The content of this article is for general use and information only. Since each case should be prepared on its own merit and in light of the constant amendments to the Immigration Rules, it is important to note that the information provided must not be relied upon unless Migra & Co has either given written consent or has been officially engaged in relation to a specific immigration matter. As a result, Migra & Co will take no responsibility for any damage, cost or loss resulting from relying on the information contained in this article, blog and website.