Who can apply for Registered Traveller Service?

In February 2015 the Home office announced new service, which allows Australian, Canadian, Japanese, New Zealand and USA nationals, who regularly use Heathrow and Gatwick airports or the Eurostar terminals at Paris, Lille or Brussels to enter the UK using the UK/EU lines  or ePassport gates without prior completion of the landing card.

To be eligible to apply for this service, an applicant should fall under one off the following immigration categories:

– Indefinite Leave to Remain;

– Tier 1 (exceptional Talent) visa excluding dependants;

– Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa excluding dependants;

– Tier 1 (Investor) visa excluding dependants;

– Tier 2 visa – all categories excluding dependants;

– General Visitor (tourist);

– Business Visitor;

– Entertainer Visitor;

– Sports Visitor;

– Parents of Children at School in the UK

To apply for a membership, current passport should be provided at one of the Registered Traveller ports. If the Border Officer at the passport control is satisfied that all the criteria are met, following the completion of the enrolment process, the applicant will be issued with a membership card.

The cost of the application for the Registered Traveller Service is £50.00 payable by debit or credit card at the port. In case if the application is unsuccessful, the fees will not be refundable. Being already an existing member of this program requires updating applicant’s passport details and the cost for this service is £20.00.

The Register Traveller Service can be used for the duration of 12 months in case of successful application.