EU Immigration


Citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss nationals have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom, this is called the right of residence. You will only have the right of residence in the UK if you are a “qualified person”.


As an EEA or Swiss national you are able to freely travel to the UK and accept offers of work, start a business, manage a company, or set up a local branch of a company. These privileges may be undertaken without the need for a UK work permit. However, in some circumstances, you may need to register under the Worker Registration Scheme.


If you have a right to live the in the UK, your family may join you.


EEA Family Permit


Family members who are not EEA or Swiss nationals and who wish to come and live in the UK permanently or on a long-term basis, will need to apply for an EEA Family Permit before coming to the UK.


Residence Cards


Residence cards are issued to non-EEA national family members if they are switching in-country from a different category or have entered the UK on a Family Permit and now require to extend their stay. The card confirms a person’s right of residence under European law and is issued for a 5 years period.


Permanent Residence/Settlement


You are entitled to apply for confirmation of permanent residence once you have lived in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of five years.


If you wish to apply under one of the above categories, please contact us to discuss your options and how we can assist you in your application.


Speak to one of our EEA Immigration Regulations visa consultants now to discuss your tailor made visa solution. Call us on +44 20 3384 3075, email: [email protected] or use contact form below.

Contact Us